So, what a year. 2012 has been one of the most fun years of my life. I guess it’s pretty great to be 25. I laughed a lot, exercised, and got lots of sun. It’s amazing how these three things can be a recipe for happiness.
2012 has also been one of the most challenging years of my life, mostly because of how difficult I found my “dream job” to be. In my personal life, Ryan and I are still growing into independent and driven individuals, which can create challenges. But with that, we are also becoming more supportive, loving, and understanding.
Since I’ve started his blog, I’ve taken an annual look back on my life each New Year. And it’s been pretty rewarding. Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day, that it’s hard to feel like I’ve ever accomplished anything. I’m so driven, once I complete a goal, I can only think of the 20 others on my list. I hardly have a second of satisfaction and find it hard to appreciate the things I’ve done. Ryan is really great at reminding me these things when I feel like a complete failure. And I’m working on taking more frequent pauses to appreciate myself and my accomplishments throughout the year. Here are my 2012 resolutions, you can see how I did below.
This year I:
- Ran my first 10k and then a half marathon
- Rode horses ♥
- Made $500 off of my first professional freelance gig (I built someone a legit website!)
- Beefed up my web development, photography and photoshop skills
- Lost weight (approx. 10-15 lbs)
- Spent too much money
- Bought my own domain and began hosting my own blog (thanks for reading, everyone!)
- Made a pizza cat
- Biked the St. Marks trail (a few times)
- Make a quilt
- Do a pull up
- Write more
- Continue taking at least a photo a month with ryan
- Open up a Roth IRA
- Re-design my blog, it’s still using a default template (obviously)
- Learn how to embroider
- Open an etsy shop (or some equivalent)
- Run another half marathon