Are you in the mood for something luxurious?
How decadent. I made these for a New Year’s party. I was really frustrated that I couldn’t find a recipe online (most of them were made with boxed cake mix), so I sort of just made this up. They turned out pretty good.
Prep & Cook time: approximately 40 min.
Yields: 24 mini cupcakes or 12 regular cupcakes
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
3/4 cup whole strawberries
3/4 cup pink champagne
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. You should have about 1/3 cup of puree.
– In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
– In large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Mix until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
– Add the egg whites one by one into sugar mixture, then add the whole egg. Beat until creamy.
– Fold in the strawberry puree until well combined.
– Slowly add in all of the flour mixture.
-Finally, mix in the champagne and mix until smooth.
My mixture was certainly very pink.
– Fill cupcake pan with 1/2 of the batter in each slot. These things do rise.
I made mini cupcakes.
– Bake for 15 minutes. If you make regular sized cupcakes, you might need to add an additional 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool before frosting.
Enjoy your cupcakes!