Here’s the deal. I’m sick of eating zucchini and yellow squash. It seems like it’s always in season at the farmer’s market. It’s also cheap. So lately, I’ve had to get creative with this mixture. Today this one popped in my head:
Zucchini & Squash on French Bread
Prep time 10 min.
Total time 20 min.
- 1 small French loaf (or large cut in half) cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 Tbsp of pesto (I made my own, it works best if it’s a thick pesto)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sauté the sliced zucchini and yellow squash until tender
- Remove from heat and stir in pesto
- Place sautéed mixture on flat surface of French bread
- Top with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella
- Place bread on baking sheet and bake for ten minutes.
I’d also like to welcome the newest member of my family, I think her name is going to be Riley. I’m really not in love with the name, so if you have a suggestion, I’d love to hear it.
I already have a cat, Watson, and he’s the love of my life. Unfortunately, he’s destructive and aggressive. After putting up with it for a year, I finally decided to take my vet’s advice and get him a companion. It’s been two days and I’ve been bite and scratch free. The cats are getting along nicely, as well.
Hey, did you notice the pictures I took with my new camera? I’m satisfied with it.